Followers

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pink Embossed Top Box

Hello Crafters:0)  Saturday has come around again and that means you get to hear from Me for my Crafter's Companion weekly post!

Today I am here to share a project that does not have any coloring in it ***gasp***; in fact; it doesn't even have an image **double gasp**! I have made this cute little box for a crafty friend. SO Maria if your are seeing this TURN AWAY NOW!! LOL:0) I was hoping to have given it to her before posting but really doubt that will happen. Well at least the goodies inside can be a mystery:0)

I have made this box using The Ultimate Tool to score but the real magic in this box is the beautifully embossed top. I have used one of the new 8x8 embossing folders Regency Damask.

 Here is a closer look at my decorated top.
 And a bit of slanted view. The lace band has some elastic on it so it can easily get fulled off so that the top can come off and the decorated top can stay in place.
 Here is a closer look at the embossed detail. I have sanded down the paper so that the detail can be a bit more noticeable and then I have coated it with Glimmer Glaze for a couple of reasons. 1. To make the paper a bit more sturdy; 2. To make it prettier:0)
Do you like my backdrop? I couldn't find a clear place to take my pictures so I have used my chair:0) I LOVE my chair; not only is it  an awesome print but it is also super comfy!

I would like to enter my box into the following challenges:

Fussy and Fancy - Anything Goes
Poodles Parlour - Anything Goes
Anything But A Card Challenge - Always anything but a card
4 Crafty Chicks - Dry embossing
It's All About the Vintage - Embossing

Hope you liked my creation today; have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs;
Janette

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous box. Love love the embossing and the flowers and ribbons are beautiful.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your chair too :o) And great idea to sand and glaze the paper, it adds such dimension to your embossing. The lace band is so beautiful.
    Thank-you for sharing with us at The Poodles Parlour!
    {Hugs} Barb, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been drooling over this new embossing folders they are really pretty, love the idea of glazing over it. hanks for sharing and for atopping by my blog!
    Have a lovely day!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning...your friend is going to LOVE it! I have not heard of the 8x8 embossing folders....learn something new everyday :)

    Thank you for playing along with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge...good luck!

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is crazy elegant! I love the way the embossing looks on this texture paper. Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful, she is going to love it! I don't see the tutorial on how to make this, so how am I going to Kopykat this idea? lol. Love how you decorated it and the colors. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful box lovingly embellished. Thank you for entering the "it's all about the vintage" embossing challenge. Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for playing our dry embossing challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me SMILE:)