Followers

Friday, June 3, 2011

Vintage Rose

Hello, I would like to share this card that I made especially for the Copic Creations 2yr. Blogoversary. The theme was Vintage/Distressed with Copics. I immediately thought of this stamp that I got in a thrift shop for really cheap :) don't you just love a bargain? It is by PSX; I colored it with my Copics...of course:) I tried making it a little more vintage by adding W1 to the white space in the rose petals to give it a softer look. I also used a lot of W5, W3 throughout the image to give it a more distressed look. I was pretty happy with the results. I used the challenge sketch from Paper Pretties; and will be entering this card in both challenges.
 Here are the Copics I used. I don't think I have ever used such few markers.....LOL.
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out my Candy HERE!

-Janette <3

5 comments:

  1. The rose is beautiful (how lucky for you to get it at a bargain), and your coloring is excellent, that big old button is great and I always love seeing lace on a card.
    The card is gorgeous, thanks so much for sharing it, I'm glad I got to see it and thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! The rose is beautiful. And thanks for the nice comment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful! I love how softly your rose is colored. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply stunning and such divine colouring. LOVE IT...and not just because you've used pinks!

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janette, your use of vintage floral papers and lace help to add a shabby chic look to this beautifully distressed rose image. Nicely done! So glad to see your entry at Copic Creations. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me SMILE:)